I’m David Putman and this blog is about life and what it means to live a fully integrated one. There are at least six significant parts to my simple existence. All of these parts center around the values that drive my life and make me who I am.
Here they are:
- Relational – treating others the way I want to be treated.
- Emotional – embracing the truth that hurts as the truth that heals.
- Spiritual – eliminating religion and replacing it with the grace of God.
- Financial – wisely using my resources to create experiences and change lives.
- Physical – competing against myself to become a little healthier every day.
- Professionally – adding value to those I have the privilege to serve.
In addition to these values, my life is surrounded by a wonderful family. I’ve been married to Tami for 36 years and we have two grown children, Dave and Amanda, who have given us three awesome grandchildren, Max, Brynn, and Caleb.
I have the privilege of working for a great organization, Auxano (auxano.com), which is a category leader in vision clarity. I lead a non-profit organization, Planting the Gospel (plantingthegospel.com), where our vision is to take the whole gospel to the whole world. I’ve had the opportunity to write several books including, I Woke Up In Heaven, The Gospel Disciple, Detox for the Overly Religious, Breaking the Discipleship Code, and co-wrote Breaking the Missional Code with Ed Stetzer. I am currently working on The Gospel Disciple Journey, which I hope to publish in early 2016.
I’m passionate about staying fit and love competitive Crossfit. I mostly compete against myself, but my next goal is to make the Qualifying Round for the World Crossfit Games in 2016. To achieve this I will have to be one of the top 200 Crossfitters in the world in my age division (55-59). I’m discovering the key to success is outlasting your competition.
My life mission is to help others discover the simplicity of Jesus and His ways.